An easy way to be involved at DVE is to participate with the School Accountability Committee (SAC). The SAC typically meets the last Tuesday of the month. Under state law, the DVE SAC is charged with five specific duties:
• recommending to the principal of its school priorities for spending school moneys;
• advising the principal of the public school and to submit recommendations to the principal concerning the contents of the performance or improvement plan;
• advising the local school board concerning the preparation of a school priority improvement or turnaround plan, if either is required pursuant to state law, and to submit recommendations to the local school board or the institute concerning the contents of the priority improvement or turnaround plan;
• meeting at least quarterly to discuss whether school leadership, personnel, and infrastructure are advancing or impeding implementation of the public school's performance, improvement, priority improvement, or turnaround plan, whichever is applicable, or other progress pertinent to the public school's accreditation contract with the local school board or the institute; and
• providing input and recommendations on an advisory basis to district accountability committees and district administration concerning principal development plans and evaluations.
DVE-SAC typically meets the last Tuesday of every month.